Sacramento Kings center DeMarcus Cousins received a one-game suspension without pay for receiving his 16th technical foul of the 2013-14 season, the league announced Monday.
Under NBA rules, a player or coach is automatically suspended without pay for one game once he receives his 16th technical foul during a regular season. For every two additional technical fouls received during that regular season, the player or coach will be automatically suspended for an additional game.
Cousins received his most recent technical foul with 1:13 remaining in the fourth quarter of the Kings’ 106-103 win over the Minnesota Timberwolves on Sunday.
Cousins will serve his suspension in the Kings’ season finale on Wednesday when Sacramento hosts the Phoenix Suns.
- FSG reveals investment plan with LeBron James for potential Las Vegas NBA expansion
- Former Warriors GM Bob Myers regrets not signing Tyrese Haliburton in 2020 NBA Draft
- WATCH: Lakers bench in awe after LeBron James drops in three-consecutive threes vs. Pelicans
- Tyrese Haliburton mocks Damian Lillard while imitating his signature “Dame Time” celebration
- Does this recent report mean that Zach LaVine is on his way out?
NBA 2 weeks ago
Kevin Durant reveals he requested a trade out of Brooklyn because they didn’t ‘build an identity’
NBA 1 week ago
NBA legend Kevin Garnett revealed he plans to ‘dedicate’ a son to Kobe Bryant
Headlines 2 weeks ago
Michael Malone to Make Changes to Bench
NBA 2 weeks ago
Who will win the 2024 NBA Title? Analyzing the top NBA Championship contenders