Sacramento Kings center DeMarcus Cousins received a one-game suspension without pay for receiving his 16th technical foul of the 2013-14 season, the league announced Monday.
Under NBA rules, a player or coach is automatically suspended without pay for one game once he receives his 16th technical foul during a regular season. For every two additional technical fouls received during that regular season, the player or coach will be automatically suspended for an additional game.
Cousins received his most recent technical foul with 1:13 remaining in the fourth quarter of the Kings’ 106-103 win over the Minnesota Timberwolves on Sunday.
Cousins will serve his suspension in the Kings’ season finale on Wednesday when Sacramento hosts the Phoenix Suns.
- Warriors sign Andre Iguodala to one-year, $2.91 million contract
- Louisiana online sports betting handle rebounds to avoid six months of consecutive decline
- New Hampshire online sports betting records marginal decrease in August
- Clippers reveal new Statement Edition uniforms for 2022-23 season
- Anthony Davis on injuries: “I’m looking forward to a healthy year”
Main Page2 weeks ago
Bucks sign guard Iverson Molinar to one-year, $1.02 million deal
NBA1 week ago
Jayson Tatum recalls smashing Michael Jordan’s wine glass at dinner
NBA1 week ago
Timberwolves star Anthony Edwards hit with $40,000 fine for homophobic remarks
Headlines1 week ago
Lonzo Ball to undergo arthroscopic knee surgery