There was a sense Monday that both the Lakers and Knicks were going to be aggressive in trying to land a couple of the players they have eyes on in free agency, mainly to obtain their Bird Rights and the possibility of lower cap holds.
As the market has started churning, there is a belief that neither team has the assets to really make a splashy move happen and the idea of leveraging young guys or future draft assets to get a guy they could sign in July is unfavorable.
Both teams are still involved in talks, according to sources close to the process, but neither team seems to be close to a deal. However, that can change quickly at the deadline.
Via Steve Kyler of Basketball Insiders
- Kyle Kuzma intends to display Raf Simons pink sweater in his mansion
- Khloe Kardashian, Tristan Thompson welcome second baby via surrogate
- Stephen Curry Surprises Riley with New Sneakers for 10th Birthday
- Kevin Durant Charity Foundation unveils first basketball court in Tokyo
- Knicks, Lakers, Jazz nearly pulled trigger on Westbrook, Mitchell trade
Main Page6 days ago
Under Armor set to release Curry 4 FloTro sneakers on August 5
Main Page5 days ago
Hornets’ PJ Washington and girlfriend Alisah Chanel expecting first child
Main Page1 day ago
Knicks, Lakers, Jazz nearly pulled trigger on Westbrook, Mitchell trade
news1 week ago
NBA Twitter Reacts Hilariously to Jimmy Butler’s New Hair