Los Angeles Lakers guard Steve Nash said he will play in Friday’s game against the Dallas Mavericks, but that is likely to be his final game of the season, the Los Angeles Daily News reported Friday.
Nash, 40, has battled a nerve issue in his back all season, and if he plays Friday as expected, it will be just his 14th game of the season. He last played in a game on Tuesday.
Nash is unlikely to be able to recover sufficiently to play in Sunday’s game against the Los Angeles Clippers. He probably will shut it down for the final few weeks of the season.
He is averaging 7.3 points and 5.7 assists this season.
- Nets’ Cam Thomas (ankle) available vs. Hornets after missing last 9 games
- Creighton Basketball to Retire Doug McDermott’s No. 3 Jersey on Dec. 20 vs. Villanova
- New Orleans Pelicans Head Coach Willie Green Contract, Salary, Net Worth, Coaching Record, and Wife
- Utah Jazz Head Coach Will Hardy Contract, Salary, Net Worth, Coaching Record, and Wife
- NBA insider believes Klay Thompson’s contract situation is directly affecting his performances
NBA 7 days ago
Josh Giddey, Underage Girl Go Viral After Leaked Photos On Social Media
NBA 3 days ago
Kevin Durant reveals he requested a trade out of Brooklyn because they didn’t ‘build an identity’
Main Page 1 week ago
LaMelo Ball becomes 2nd-fastest, 3rd-youngest player in NBA history to reach 500 career 3-pointers
NBA 2 weeks ago
Jonathan Isaac becomes first athlete to launch signature shoes with Bible verses inscribed on them