Lakers’ Nick Young Exits Game With Achilles Strain
Lakers guard Nick Young suffered a right Achilles tendon strain in the first quarter of Tuesday night’s 105-88 loss to the New Orleans Pelicans at the Smoothie King Center and did not return. Young is expected to undergo an MRI on Wednesday in Chicago, ahead of the Lakers’ matchup with the Bulls, according to the team.
“It will be tough,” Lakers coach Luke Walton said. “Without breaking up that second unit — the filling in the shooting guard spot while D’Angelo [Russell] is already hurt — we’ll have to get creative.” The 31-year-old Young did not put weight on his right leg as he was carried into the locker room on the arms of two teammates after suffering the injury in the first quarter.
Source: Justin Verrier of ESPN
- NBA Playoffs 2023 Is Most Watched Postseason Since 2012
- Heat vs. Nuggets Odds, Picks, & Predictions Game 2 of 2023 NBA Finals
- How to Watch Heat vs. Nuggets Game 2 | Free NBA Playoffs Live Stream
- NBA Finals 2023 viewership down 3.76 million from Game 1 of Warriors-Celtics series opener
- Angel Reese Signs NIL Deal to Feature in Starry Commercial With Zion Williamson and KAT But You Can’t See Her
Main Page 2 weeks ago
Michael Jordan Buys $3.5 Million Custom Venom F5 Roadster, 300 MPH Sports Car
College Basketball 1 week ago
Bronny James Prom Date: Who is Girlfriend, Peyton Gelfuso?
Main Page 5 days ago
Highest-Paid NBA Mascots 2023: Denver Nuggets’ Rocky Earns $625K Salary
NBA 6 days ago
LA Lakers Believe Lonzo Ball’s Potential Career-Ending Injury Caused By Big Baller Brand Shoes