The Los Angeles Lakers expect to hire a coach in the next “week or two,” according to a league source, but do not consider the interview process to be finished.
While former Lakers great Byron Scott has been considered the leading candidate for the position for weeks, having gone through multiple interviews with management and having received an endorsement from none other than Kobe Bryant last week, even he likely would need another interview before being named coach, according to the source.
- Trail Blazers trade Damian Lillard to Bucks for Deandre Ayton, Jrue Holiday in three-team deal with Suns
- GM Mike Dunleavy Jr. shares take over why Golden State feel ‘targeted’ by the NBA’s new rules
- Warriors sign veteran forward Rudy Gay to a one-year deal
- Pacers’ Tyrese Haliburton on Buddy Hield: ‘If you think a trade’s happening and I’m not aware, you’re a clown’
- ESPN’s Stephen A. Smith suggests that Damian Lillard would fit next to LeBron James, Lakers
Main Page 7 days ago
Clippers sign guard Xavier Moon to an Exhibit 10 contract
NBA 1 week ago
Damian Lillard says he would rather ‘lose every year’ than wear the Golden State jersey
Main Page 1 week ago
Luka Doncic celebrates launch of new Luka 2 ‘Lake Bled’ Jordan Brand shoes during 3-on-3 tournament on floating court in Slovenia
Main Page 4 days ago
Timberwolves’ Anthony Edwards receives wall mural in hometown of Atlanta