LeBron James has been battling Kevin Durant for MVP votes this season, but he came to the Oklahoma City star’s defense Friday over a newspaper headline that called Durant “Mr. Unreliable.” The headline ran after the league’s leading scorer struggled late in a Game 5 home loss to the Memphis Grizzlies.
James was asked after Friday’s Heat practice for his thoughts on the headline controversy.
“I don’t think that was a great idea,” James said. “Not your hometown paper. Not with a team you helped to get to the NBA Finals, [and will] potentially be an MVP, a multiple scoring champ and have led his team to a place it’s never been before.”
“K.D.’s (Kevin Durant) got to be a free agent at some point,” said James, who rocked the league when he left the Cleveland Cavaliers after seven seasons to sign with Miami as a free agent in 2010.
NBA Team Salaries
- Betting Picks: Boston Celtics vs Portland Trail Blazers preview prediction and picks
- NBA Betting Picks: Memphis Grizzlies vs. Dallas Mavericks Preview
- NBA Betting Picks: Miami Heat vs Milwaukee Bucks picks, preview and prediction
- Dame, It’s Time: Portland Must Part Ways With Lillard
- NBA Betting Picks: Chicago Bulls vs Brooklyn Nets preview, picks and prediction
Main Page2 weeks ago
LeBron James receives one-game suspension for elbowing Isaiah Stewart
College Headlines2 weeks ago
Gonzaga vs UCLA: Picks, Preview and Predictions
Main Page1 week ago
Bovada Specials – LeBron James and Isaiah Stewart foul odds
Headlines2 weeks ago
Sacramento Kings Fire Luke Walton