LeBron James: “I stink”
“We got a four-game losing streak, so I stink,” he [James] said. “I’m not doing my job.”
With the Cavs at 5-7, playing uninspired and not close to living up to enormous expectations, James offered the blunt critique of his own game Monday at the team’s shootaround as they prepared to host the Orlando Magic.
After a day spent with family and watching football, James, who called the Cavs “fragile” following Saturday night’s loss to the Toronto Raptors, said he has to do a better job leading the way. He’s staying positive, cognizant that if he isn’t upbeat his teammates will follow his example.
“Me being the leader of the team, if I start hanging my head low then it’s going to start going to everyone else,” he said. “They look up to me. They look to me to make a difference and I’ve got to stay positive even through the rough times. As I’ve said before, this is not the darkest point that we’ll see this year. I’ve seen dark and this is very light to me.”
via The Associated Press.
- College basketball: Top prospect Mikey Williams loses NIL sponsorship after controversial arrest
- Despite previously being turned down, the Detroit Pistons still want Monty Williams to be their next head coach
- NBA Rumors: New York’s RJ Barrett ‘will be a piece’ in a major trade deal this summer
- Ron Holland rejects Arkansas, joins NBA G League Ignite
- UConn’s Tristen Newton has withdrawn from the NBA Draft to return to the Huskies for one final season
Main Page 7 days ago
Michael Jordan Buys $3.5 Million Custom Venom F5 Roadster, 300 MPH Sports Car
College Basketball 6 days ago
Bronny James Prom Date: Who is Girlfriend, Peyton Gelfuso?
NBA 2 days ago
LA Lakers Believe Lonzo Ball’s Potential Career-Ending Injury Caused By Big Baller Brand Shoes
NBA 2 weeks ago
Scoot Henderson wants to prove he can be the No. 1 pick in NBA Draft over Victor Wembanyama: ‘I want to build that fanbase in San Antonio’