Carmelo Anthony and buddy LeBron James will share the frontcourt Sunday as teammates for the first time at the Garden when the first All-Star Game in this arena since 1998 tips off.
Foreshadowing of things to come? It’s probably a pipe dream, but James did raise eyebrows with remarks Friday about how great it is to play in the Garden.
Anthony wasn’t too surprised to hear of James’ comment. Asked by The Post what he feels about playing the Garden, James said no offense to Miami or Cleveland fans, but “If I could have 82 regular-season games in the Garden, I would because it’s the Mecca of basketball.’’
- Kevin Durant requests trade from Nets, wants to play for Heat or Suns
- Deandre Ayton Next Team Odds, Pistons’ Odds Increase by 25%
- Spurs trade Dejounte Murray to Hawks for Gallinari, two first-round picks
- P.J. Tucker signs with 76ers on three-year, $30 million contract
- Collin Sexton Next Team Odds, Pacers’ Odds Increase by 15%