Steve Masiello was placed on administrative leave by Manhattan while his “degree status” is reviewed by Manhattan College.
The school’s basketball coach is in limbo following an unexpected turn of events in which he left the school to accept the same position at the University of South Florida. During a background check, USF discovered Masiello did not possess a college degree.
“Masiello is currently in the process of reviewing his degree status with the University of Kentucky,” a statement issued by Manhattan said. “Manhattan College has placed Masiello on leave while he completes this process with the University.”
Florida state law requires college coaches are graduates with a four-year degree. Masiello, 36, listed on his resume that he graduated during his five years at Kentucky, where he was a walk-on for the Wildcats basketball team, but that was false.
Masiello’s bio in the Manhattan media guide lists him as a “2000 graduate of the University of Kentucky with a degree in communications.”
- Russell Westbrook picks up $47 million option, championship odds increase 10%
- Paolo Banchero increases NBA Rookie of the Year Odds by 25%
- Mitch Kupchak on Miles Bridges: “We’re going to bring him back.”
- NBA 2K23 Cover Athlete Odds – Stephen Curry is the Top Favorite
- John Wall joins Clippers after Rockets buyout