NCAA News Wire
Maryland-Eastern Shore 68, Coppin State 67
Maryland-Eastern Shore snapped its four-game losing streak and spoiled Coppin State’s homecoming in the process with a 68-67 MEAC victory on Saturday afternoon at Coppin’s Physical Education Complex, in Baltimore, Md.
The Hawks improved to 5-22 overall and 3-11 in the MEAC, while Coppin State lost for the fifth straight time, falling to 9-19 and 6-9 in the MEAC.
Maryland-Eastern Shore senior forward Troy Snyder led all scorers with 22 points, including the game-winning points on a pair of free throws with :01 left to play. Coppin had taken a 67-66 lead on two free throws from senior forward Michael Murray, who finished with a team-high 20 for Coppin, with :03 left.
Maryland-Eastern Shore outrebounded Coppin 18-7 on the offensive glass.
Coppin took a 39-34 lead into halftime. The Eagles made 14 of 32 shots for 43 percent from the floor, though they were pounded on the boards, outrebounded by Maryland-Eastern Shore 30-17. The Hawks grabbed 14 offensive rebounds to just two for Coppin State. There were seven lead changes in the opening half, before the Eagles closed on an 11-5 tear.
- Thunder’s Shai Gilgeous-Alexander assures Russell Westbrook is “one of the best competitors” in NBA history
- Wizards’ Bradley Beal is under Police investigation after an incident that happened with an Orlando fan last week
- LeBron James came off the bench for second time in 1,414 career games
- LSU Basketball Star Angel Reese Has Increased Her NIL Value by 243% To $392k Since Jan. 10
- Virginia Tech’s Women’s Basketball team is headed to the program’s first Final Four appearance after an 84-74 victory vs Ohio State
NBA 13 hours ago
Golden State Warriors’ Jordan Poole Spends Half a Million Dollars on First Date With Rapper Ice Spice
Main Page 2 weeks ago
Paul Pierce sparks fire around Andrew Wiggins’ girlfriend rumors
College Basketball 1 week ago
Purdue Basketball Coach Matt Painter’s Buyout a Sticking Point for Fans Who Want Him Fired After First Round NCAA Tournament Loss
College Basketball 2 weeks ago
ESPN Bracketology’s Joe Lunardi’s March Madness 2023 Bracket, Predictions, and Expert Picks