Dallas Mavericks Chief Executive Officer Terdema Ussery is among three finalists to become the next executive director of the National Basketball Association players’ union, two people with direct knowledge of the process said.
Michele Roberts, an attorney at Skadden Arps Slate Meagher & Flom, and Dean Garfield, CEO of the Information Technology Industry Council, a Washington, D.C.-based advocacy group for technology companies, are the other finalists, said the people, who requested anonymity because the process is private. Ron Klempner, the association’s acting executive director, declined to comment.
The candidates will address union members, including the organization’s nine-member executive committee, tomorrow in Las Vegas, site of the organization’s annual summer meeting.
- New Jersey’s Atlantic City casinos could soon see smoking banned
- Will Lakers trade Russell Westbrook, two first-rounders for Kyrie Irving?
- Buddy Hield fifth player to make 200 3-pointers in five straight seasons
- Virginia welcomes Betfred USA launch as official sports betting partner of Loudoun FC
- Bucks’ Giannis Antetokounmpo, Marjon Beauchamp probable vs. Heat
NBA 6 days ago
Exclusive Ronny Turiaf Interview: Wembanyama is “1 of 1”, Gonzaga has what it takes to win the national title, France can compete with USA Basketball
NBA 2 weeks ago
Exclusive Darren Till interview: I’d say YES to a YT boxing fight; I was stabbed, dying when a nightclub security brought me back to life; I need to work on my aggression to start winning again
Main Page 6 days ago
Jordan Brand unveils 2023 NBA All-Star Game uniforms
Headlines 2 weeks ago
Updated NBA Finals odds