NBA News Wire
Mavs give F Villanueva a shot
The Dallas Mavericks signed free agent forward Charlie Villanueva on Tuesday.
Terms of the deal were not disclosed by the team. Earlier reports indicated that it was a non-guaranteed contract.
The 6-foot-11 Villanueva joins the Mavericks after completing a five-year, $35 million deal with the Detroit Pistons. He has career averages of 11.5 points, 5.1 rebounds and 1.0 assists in 530 games with the Pistons, Milwaukee Bucks and the Toronto Raptors, who drafted him No. 7 overall in 2005.
Last season with the Pistons, the 30-year-old Villanueva averaged 4.6 points and 1.7 rebounds and shot 38 percent from the field in just 20 games.
- Houston forward Jarace Walker declares for 2023 NBA Draft
- NCAA Tournament has zero No. 1 seeds in Elite Eight for first time since seeding began in 1979
- Luke Kennard becomes second player in NBA history to record 30 points on only 3-pointers
- Mavericks’ Luka Doncic fined $35K for money gesture toward referee
- Michigan State Basketball Coach Tom Izzo Says Big Ten is Best Conference in College Basketball, But March Madness Data Disagrees
NBA 4 days ago
Golden State Warriors’ Jordan Poole Spends Half a Million Dollars on First Date With Rapper Ice Spice
Main Page 1 week ago
Paul Pierce sparks fire around Andrew Wiggins’ girlfriend rumors
College Basketball 1 week ago
Jay Bilas’ March Madness Bracket, Predictions, and Expert Picks
College Basketball 4 days ago
Purdue Basketball Coach Matt Painter’s Buyout a Sticking Point for Fans Who Want Him Fired After First Round NCAA Tournament Loss