NBA News Wire
Mavs sign 5-7 Japanese point guard
The Dallas Mavericks signed 5-foot-7 Japanese point guard Yuki Togashi on Wednesday.
Terms of the deal for the free agent were not disclosed.
Togashi, who weighs 143 pounds, was most recently a member of the Mavericks’ NBA Summer League team. In his four games, he averaged 5.3 points and 1.3 rebounds while shooting .467 from the field.
The team’s plan reportedly is for the 21-year-old Togashi to spend the rest of the preseason with the Mavs before joining their D-League affiliate Texas Legends.
A native of Niigata, Japan, Togashi attended high school in the U.S. at Montrose Christian School in Rockville, Md., which produced NBA players Kevin Durant, Terrence Ross and Greivis Vasquez.
Togashi graduated high school in 2012 and returned to Japan to play professionally in the Basketball Japan League. He signed with Akita Northern and averaged 16.3 points, a league-high 7.6 assists, 2.9 rebounds and 1.1 steals in 58 games during the 2013-14 season.
- San Diego State Basketball Coach Brian Dutcher Contract, Salary, Buyout, Net Worth & March Madness Incentives
- Women’s Final Four 2023: 5 Best WNBA Prospects Left In March Madness
- Iowa Women’s Basketball Coach Lisa Bluder Contract, Salary, Buyout, Net Worth & March Madness Incentives
- Powerade Jam Fest 2023: McDonald’s All-American Game Dunk Contest & 3-Point Shootout Participants
- LSU Women’s Basketball Coach Kim Mulkey Contract, Salary, Buyout, Net Worth & March Madness Incentives
NBA 5 hours ago
Golden State Warriors’ Jordan Poole Spends Half a Million Dollars on First Date With Rapper Ice Spice
Main Page 2 weeks ago
Paul Pierce sparks fire around Andrew Wiggins’ girlfriend rumors
College Basketball 7 days ago
Purdue Basketball Coach Matt Painter’s Buyout a Sticking Point for Fans Who Want Him Fired After First Round NCAA Tournament Loss
College Basketball 2 weeks ago
ESPN Bracketology’s Joe Lunardi’s March Madness 2023 Bracket, Predictions, and Expert Picks