The United States Men’s National Team got its first test of the 2016 Olympics on Wednesday, and it was a serious one. Australia, having already defeated France and Serbia, went toe-to-toe with the tournament favorites for three and a half quarters before the Americans escaped with a 98-88 victory.
Carmelo Anthony saved his team with 31 points, including 14 in the fourth quarter. His personal 8-2 run early in the period gave the U.S. the lead for good.
Source: John Schuhmann of NBA.com
- Russell Westbrook picks up $47 million option, championship odds increase 10%
- Paolo Banchero increases NBA Rookie of the Year Odds by 25%
- Mitch Kupchak on Miles Bridges: “We’re going to bring him back.”
- NBA 2K23 Cover Athlete Odds – Stephen Curry is the Top Favorite
- John Wall joins Clippers after Rockets buyout