DeJuan Blair, Nene, Daniel Orton and Xavier Silas of the Washington Wizards were suspended one game on Wednesday by the NBA for leaving the bench during a confrontation between Chicago Bulls center Joakim Noah and Wizards forward Paul Pierce during a preseason game.
Noah was $15,000 for starting the incident with Pierce by pushing him in the chest. Pierce was fined the same amount for hitting Noah in the forehead with his left index finger.
NBA president of basketball operations Rod Thorn announced the NBA’s disciplinary action that resulted from the incident, which occurred on Monday night with 8:57 left in the first quarter of the Wizards’ 85-81 win over the Bulls at United Center.
The suspensions are effective with the first regular-season game for each player.
- Kevin Durant requests trade from Nets, wants to play for Heat or Suns
- Deandre Ayton Next Team Odds, Pistons’ Odds Increase by 25%
- Spurs trade Dejounte Murray to Hawks for Gallinari, two first-round picks
- P.J. Tucker signs with 76ers on three-year, $30 million contract
- Collin Sexton Next Team Odds, Pacers’ Odds Increase by 15%