Chicago Bulls center Joakim Noah will be named the defensive player of the year, according to a league source. The news conference will be held at 4 p.m. CT.
Noah is in the midst of the best season of his professional career, averaging 12.6 points, 11.3 rebounds and 5.4 assists per game during the regular season. While Bulls coach Tom Thibodeau didn’t confirm the news, he has acknowledged throughout the year just how important Noah has been on both ends of the floor.
- Kevin Durant requests trade from Nets, wants to play for Heat or Suns
- Deandre Ayton Next Team Odds, Pistons’ Odds Increase by 25%
- Spurs trade Dejounte Murray to Hawks for Gallinari, two first-round picks
- P.J. Tucker signs with 76ers on three-year, $30 million contract
- Collin Sexton Next Team Odds, Pacers’ Odds Increase by 15%