NEW YORK – There were a few moans and groans, and oohs and ahhs, as fans watched a scrum in the final minutes of The Basketball Tournament championship game at Rose Hill Gym in the Bronx Sunday.
Overseas Elite was poised to win the game against Team 23, clinging to a five-point lead with 19 seconds to go, and the winner-take-all $1 million prize that went with it.
“Hey man, everybody is out here fighting. There’s a million dollars on the line, you’ve got to expect a little chippiness,” former St. John’s standout D.J. Kennedy Kennedy said. “We knew we weren’t going to back down, they were going to back down. They left it out there. We left it out there. It was a heck of a championship game. I think the fans got a good game.”
- Kyle Kuzma intends to display Raf Simons pink sweater in his mansion
- Khloe Kardashian, Tristan Thompson welcome second baby via surrogate
- Stephen Curry Surprises Riley with New Sneakers for 10th Birthday
- Kevin Durant Charity Foundation unveils first basketball court in Tokyo
- Knicks, Lakers, Jazz nearly pulled trigger on Westbrook, Mitchell trade
Main Page6 days ago
Under Armor set to release Curry 4 FloTro sneakers on August 5
Main Page5 days ago
Hornets’ PJ Washington and girlfriend Alisah Chanel expecting first child
Main Page1 day ago
Knicks, Lakers, Jazz nearly pulled trigger on Westbrook, Mitchell trade
news1 week ago
NBA Twitter Reacts Hilariously to Jimmy Butler’s New Hair