Training camp hasn’t even started, but Paul Pierce already has laid down the law in the locker room for the 2014-15 season: Protect home court.
“You like competitive guys that take things serious. He’s not the type of guy that has a lot of friends in the NBA. Like the old days,” said Otto Porter.
“Today I heard him say, “Hey, we got to protect home court this year. Anybody who come up here, they’re going to get beaten up.’ I was like, ‘That’s what I’m talking about.’ I hadn’t heard that in here.”
“That’s what I think makes him great. He’s a true warrior. He’s a leader. I’ve been here for a week now and I work with him every day. I play with him every day. It’s ridiculous how people follow his lead,” (Marcin) Gortat said.
- Kevin Durant requests trade from Nets, wants to play for Heat or Suns
- Deandre Ayton Next Team Odds, Pistons’ Odds Increase by 25%
- Spurs trade Dejounte Murray to Hawks for Gallinari, two first-round picks
- P.J. Tucker signs with 76ers on three-year, $30 million contract
- Collin Sexton Next Team Odds, Pacers’ Odds Increase by 15%