According to Pelicans coach Monty Williams, they have actively pursued options to get back in the NBA draft after surrendering their first-round pick to the Philadelphia 76ers that was part of last year’s draft night trade.
”If there’s an opportunity to get in the draft, we’re going to look at it,” Williams said. ”The one thing we don’t want to do is be aggressive and put ourselves in a position to where we’re hamstrung for awhile and can’t make moves for the future.
According to league sources, the Pelicans are still having conversations with several teams about trying to trade into the first round to select a center or small forward, their two greatest need areas.
- Pelicans’ Brandon Ingram, CJ McCollum available against Nuggets
- For the first time this season Joel Embiid jumps to No.2 in the MVP Ladder behind Nikola Jokić
- Utah’s Jarred Vanderbilt Reportedly Has Interest From The Indiana Pacers
- Timberwolves’ Rudy Gobert (groin), Taurean Prince (ankle) questionable vs. Kings
- MGM Resorts International partner with NFLPA to promote casinos
NBA 21 hours ago
Exclusive Ronny Turiaf Interview: Wembanyama is “1 of 1”, Gonzaga has what it takes to win the national title, France can compete with USA Basketball
NBA 1 week ago
Exclusive Darren Till interview: I’d say YES to a YT boxing fight; I was stabbed, dying when a nightclub security brought me back to life; I need to work on my aggression to start winning again
NBA 2 weeks ago
Paris gets ready to host an NBA game for the 12th time as Pistons vs Bulls clash
Legal 2 weeks ago
Mississippi tries yet again to legalize online sports betting