NBA News Wire
Pistons’ Meeks to miss two months with back injury
Detroit Pistons guard Jodie Meeks is expected to be sidelined for up to two months with a stress reaction in his lower back.
The Pistons announced Tuesday that the injury was found during a CAT scan on Monday by team medical personnel.
Meeks was bothered by back spasms last week and was tested when the pain failed to go away. He had 13 points and four rebounds in the Pistons’ preseason opener on Oct. 7 against the Chicago Bulls.
The team said it will monitor Meeks’ activity while the back heels and re-evaluate his status after eight weeks. Doctors expect Meeks to fully recover with rest and rehabilitation.
The 6-foot-4 Meeks has averaged 9.7 points, 2.2 rebounds and 1.1 assists in 355 games, including 194 starts, for the Milwaukee Bucks, Philadelphia 76ers and the Los Angeles Lakers.
Meeks started 70 games for the Lakers last season and averaged 15.7 points per game.
- Thunder’s Shai Gilgeous-Alexander assures Russell Westbrook is “one of the best competitors” in NBA history
- Wizards’ Bradley Beal is under Police investigation after an incident that happened with an Orlando fan last week
- LeBron James came off the bench for second time in 1,414 career games
- LSU Basketball Star Angel Reese Has Increased Her NIL Value by 243% To $392k Since Jan. 10
- Virginia Tech’s Women’s Basketball team is headed to the program’s first Final Four appearance after an 84-74 victory vs Ohio State
NBA 12 hours ago
Golden State Warriors’ Jordan Poole Spends Half a Million Dollars on First Date With Rapper Ice Spice
Main Page 2 weeks ago
Paul Pierce sparks fire around Andrew Wiggins’ girlfriend rumors
College Basketball 1 week ago
Purdue Basketball Coach Matt Painter’s Buyout a Sticking Point for Fans Who Want Him Fired After First Round NCAA Tournament Loss
College Basketball 4 days ago
Kansas State Basketball Coach Jerome Tang Contract, Salary, Buyout, Net Worth & March Madness Incentives