Detroit Pistons guard Jodie Meeks is expected to be sidelined for up to two months with a stress reaction in his lower back.
The Pistons announced Tuesday that the injury was found during a CAT scan on Monday by team medical personnel.
Meeks was bothered by back spasms last week and was tested when the pain failed to go away. He had 13 points and four rebounds in the Pistons’ preseason opener on Oct. 7 against the Chicago Bulls.
The team said it will monitor Meeks’ activity while the back heels and re-evaluate his status after eight weeks. Doctors expect Meeks to fully recover with rest and rehabilitation.
The 6-foot-4 Meeks has averaged 9.7 points, 2.2 rebounds and 1.1 assists in 355 games, including 194 starts, for the Milwaukee Bucks, Philadelphia 76ers and the Los Angeles Lakers.
Meeks started 70 games for the Lakers last season and averaged 15.7 points per game.
NBA Team Salaries
- NBA Betting Picks: Detroit Pistons vs Portland Trail Blazers preview, prediction and picks
- NBA Betting Picks: Golden State Warriors vs. Phoenix Suns preview, prediction and picks
- NBA Betting Picks: New York Knicks vs Brooklyn Nets preview, picks and prediction
- NBA Betting Picks: Los Angeles Lakers vs. Sacramento Kings Preview
- NBA Betting Picks: Memphis Grizzlies vs Toronto Raptors preview, prediction and picks