Former Spurs forward Tim Duncan made an appearance at the team’s Wednesday training camp workout, just two days after coach Gregg Popovich joked he would fine the future Hall of Famer $2,500 for each day he was absent.
But even with Duncan’s surprise appearance, his role within the organization remains a work in progress. Popovich mentioned Monday that Duncan would remain involved with the team, and joked that he’d be “the coach of whatever he feels like.” Popovich said there’s no room for Duncan on the bench during game situations, and he joked that he’s “too smart for that” anyway. Popovich was unsure whether Duncan would take part in some road trips, saying the organization “just want[s] to let it kind of morph into its own sort of thing.”
Source: Michael C. Wright of ESPN
- Pacers’ Tyrese Haliburton downgraded to questionable vs. Jazz
- Nets forward T.J. Warren upgraded to probable vs. Raptors
- Nets Have Reportedly Talked With Hawks About Potential Trade For John Collins
- Proposed Trade Sends Two Chicago All-Stars To Lakers In Exchange For Russel Westbrook
- Will the Celtics re-sign Grant Williams after 2022-23 season?
NBA 1 week ago
NBA Betting Odds And Picks Tonight: NBA Best Bets For Monday 11/21
Main Page 1 week ago
WATCH: Giannis Antetokounmpo shoves ladder after loss to 76ers
NBA 1 week ago
Derrick Rose Could Be Traded To ‘Surprise’ Team Emerging With Interest
NBA 2 weeks ago
NBA Player Prop Picks Tonight: Jalen Brunson Over 6.5 Assists Leads Our Best Bets