Popovich Reaches 1,000 Wins Milestone With Spurs
Gregg Popovich’s grand plan has produced plenty of wins.
The Spurs made it an even 1,000 for him on Monday night.
San Antonio rallied from a 14-point fourth-quarter deficit and got an 18-foot baseline jumper from Marco Belinelli with 2.1 seconds left to give Popovich a milestone 95-93 victory at Indiana.
“I’ve been here a long time and I’ve had good players. That’s the formula,” Popovich said. “Getting the players is difficult, but I’ve been fortunate to have good ones. The time, that’s the most important element. You have to be around for a while I guess.”
Only two coaches, Phil Jackson and Pat Riley, reached 1,000 wins faster than Popovich. Only one other coach, Jerry Sloan, achieved the feat with one team. Sloan won 1,127 games with Utah. Popovich is 1,000-462 in 19 NBA seasons, all with San Antonio.
- Memphis Basketball Recruiting: Can Penny Hardaway Land Carmelo Anthony’s Son, Kiyan Anthony?
- Heat have a flight scheduled to Denver after Game 7 against Celtics
- USA Basketball: Loaded U16 Roster Prepares For FIBA 2023 in Mexico
- Suns Sit Idle as Bucks, 76ers Name New Head Coaches
- 76ers Name Former Raptors Head Man Nick Nurse as Their Next Head Coach
Main Page 6 days ago
Michael Jordan Buys $3.5 Million Custom Venom F5 Roadster, 300 MPH Sports Car
College Basketball 5 days ago
Bronny James Prom Date: Who is Girlfriend, Peyton Gelfuso?
NBA 2 weeks ago
Scoot Henderson wants to prove he can be the No. 1 pick in NBA Draft over Victor Wembanyama: ‘I want to build that fanbase in San Antonio’
College Basketball 2 weeks ago
Caleb Love Transfer Saga: Indiana Hoosiers Back in Pole Position After Michigan Exit