In the wake of the Los Angeles Clippers selling for a league-record $2 billion, Russian billionaire Mikhail Prokhorov has been open to overtures from potential buyers for the Brooklyn Nets, league sources told Yahoo Sports.
“Just listening so far,” a league official with direct knowledge told Yahoo Sports. “They haven’t indicated a desire or willingness to sell. …Nothing was initiated by [Prokhorov].”
Part of Prokhorov’s willingness to listen has come out of his company’s curiosity of how much his ownership share of the Nets and the Barclays Center could fetch on the market, league sources said.
- Pelicans’ Brandon Ingram, CJ McCollum available against Nuggets
- For the first time this season Joel Embiid jumps to No.2 in the MVP Ladder behind Nikola Jokić
- Utah’s Jarred Vanderbilt Reportedly Has Interest From The Indiana Pacers
- Timberwolves’ Rudy Gobert (groin), Taurean Prince (ankle) questionable vs. Kings
- MGM Resorts International partner with NFLPA to promote casinos
NBA 21 hours ago
Exclusive Ronny Turiaf Interview: Wembanyama is “1 of 1”, Gonzaga has what it takes to win the national title, France can compete with USA Basketball
NBA 1 week ago
Exclusive Darren Till interview: I’d say YES to a YT boxing fight; I was stabbed, dying when a nightclub security brought me back to life; I need to work on my aggression to start winning again
NBA 2 weeks ago
Paris gets ready to host an NBA game for the 12th time as Pistons vs Bulls clash
Legal 2 weeks ago
Mississippi tries yet again to legalize online sports betting