The Chicago Bulls have decided to shut down Nikola Mirotic until the trade deadline passes, as they continue working to find a deal that makes sense for both sides.
Coach Fred Hoiberg confirmed the front office’s decision Wednesday night, saying Mirotic was with the team for its game in Portland but was sent back to the hotel prior to tipoff.
“I got a call today, and the decision was made to not play Niko tonight,” Hoiberg said. “That’s all I know at this point. We will reassess tomorrow.”
The Bulls thought they had a deal done Tuesday that would have sent Mirotic to the New Orleans Pelicans, but Mirotic and his representatives nixed the arrangement, according to a source, because the $12.5 million team option for the 2018-19 season would not be guaranteed.
Source: Nick Friedell of ESPN
- Jayson Tatum Single Handedly Outscored The Brooklyn Nets By Himself In The First Quarter Last Night
- Damian Lillard passes Jerry West for fifth-most 40-point, 10-assist games
- NBA postpones Wizards vs Pistons match due to weather; today’s Mavs vs Pelicans might get cancelled
- Team LeBron Will Be Coached By Denver’s Michael Malone In The 2023 All-Star Game
- New York Knicks Are Rumored To Be Ready To Trade Three First-Round Picks For O.G. Anunoby
NBA 3 days ago
Exclusive Ronny Turiaf Interview: Wembanyama is “1 of 1”, Gonzaga has what it takes to win the national title, France can compete with USA Basketball
NBA 1 week ago
Exclusive Darren Till interview: I’d say YES to a YT boxing fight; I was stabbed, dying when a nightclub security brought me back to life; I need to work on my aggression to start winning again
Main Page 3 days ago
Jordan Brand unveils 2023 NBA All-Star Game uniforms
Main Page 1 week ago
DeMar DeRozan Set To Reach A Career Milestone Tonight In Hawks Vs Bulls