Dirk Nowitzki underwent surgery on his left ankle on Thursday morning and will miss the remainder of the Dallas Mavericks’ season, the team announced.
The procedure was a debridement of his left ankle performed by Dr. Eugene Curry and Dr. Daniel Worrel at the Carrell Clinic in Dallas.
The surgery is considered relatively minor and is not expected to affect Nowitzki’s decision on whether to return for a 21st season. Nowitzki has repeatedly said that he wants to play next season if his body is willing, and sources said those plans have not changed.
Source: Tim MacMahon of ESPN
- New Jersey’s Atlantic City casinos could soon see smoking banned
- Will Lakers trade Russell Westbrook, two first-rounders for Kyrie Irving?
- Buddy Hield fifth player to make 200 3-pointers in five straight seasons
- Virginia welcomes Betfred USA launch as official sports betting partner of Loudoun FC
- Bucks’ Giannis Antetokounmpo, Marjon Beauchamp probable vs. Heat
NBA 6 days ago
Exclusive Ronny Turiaf Interview: Wembanyama is “1 of 1”, Gonzaga has what it takes to win the national title, France can compete with USA Basketball
NBA 2 weeks ago
Exclusive Darren Till interview: I’d say YES to a YT boxing fight; I was stabbed, dying when a nightclub security brought me back to life; I need to work on my aggression to start winning again
Main Page 6 days ago
Jordan Brand unveils 2023 NBA All-Star Game uniforms
Headlines 2 weeks ago
Updated NBA Finals odds