Missouri sophomore Jontay Porter will miss the entire upcoming season after tearing his ACL and MCL on Sunday, the school announced.
Porter suffered the injuries during a closed scrimmage against Southern Illinois.
He is the younger brother of Michael Porter Jr., the former top recruit who missed the majority of his lone season at Missouri last year before being drafted in the first round of the NBA draft by the Denver Nuggets in June.
Jontay Porter, a 6-foot-11 power forward, averaged 9.9 points, 6.8 rebounds and 1.7 blocks last season and was expected to see a jump in production in 2018-19. He was named preseason second-team all-SEC last week.
Source: Jeff Borzello of ESPN
- Pacers’ Myles Turner: ‘I build Legos, I’ve gone through 120K Legos since the season started’
- Pistons, Spurs, and Wizards are a combined 1-48 in their last 49 games
- Victor Wembanyama 1st NBA player with 350+ points, 50+ assists, 25+ steals, & 50+ blocks in 1st 20 games
- Lakers coach Darvin Ham suggests that NBA should increase prize money for In-Season Tournament champs
- Hall of Famer Dennis Rodman is dropping his own signature wine
NBA 2 weeks ago
Kevin Durant reveals he requested a trade out of Brooklyn because they didn’t ‘build an identity’
NBA 1 week ago
NBA legend Kevin Garnett revealed he plans to ‘dedicate’ a son to Kobe Bryant
Headlines 2 weeks ago
Michael Malone to Make Changes to Bench
College Basketball 2 weeks ago
Angel Reese Suspension: LSU Star Does Not Travel With Team To Cayman Islands Classic