Missouri sophomore Jontay Porter will miss the entire upcoming season after tearing his ACL and MCL on Sunday, the school announced.
Porter suffered the injuries during a closed scrimmage against Southern Illinois.
He is the younger brother of Michael Porter Jr., the former top recruit who missed the majority of his lone season at Missouri last year before being drafted in the first round of the NBA draft by the Denver Nuggets in June.
Jontay Porter, a 6-foot-11 power forward, averaged 9.9 points, 6.8 rebounds and 1.7 blocks last season and was expected to see a jump in production in 2018-19. He was named preseason second-team all-SEC last week.
Source: Jeff Borzello of ESPN
NBA Team Salaries
- Giannis Antetokounmpo: “LeBron is still the best player in the world”
- Isaiah Austin joins league office after NBA denied him the chance to play
- 2022 NBA MVP Odds: Top 5 Value Picks and Best Bet
- Free WNBA Playoffs Picks: Second Playoff Round – predictions and odds
- Former professional gambler Haralabos Volugaris is fired by Mavericks
- NBA1 week ago
Philadelphia 76ers make shock Ben Simmons trade U-turn:
- Main Page2 weeks ago
LeBron James celebrates 8-year wedding anniversary with Savannah
- Main Page5 days ago
Karl-Anthony Towns spoils Jordyn Woods with costly gifts at party
- Main Page1 week ago
LeBron James and Russell Westbrook star in Nas music video