The Sacramento Kings and small forward Rudy Gay reached an agreement on a three-year, $40 million contract extension, Yahoo Sports reported Sunday.
Gay has one year left on his current deal, which will pay him $19.3 million.
Gay is averaging 23 points per game on 45 percent shooting. He is also averaging 6.8 rebounds and 3.5 assists.
The extension kicks in starting next season before the NBA’s new lucrative TV deal.
The extension still allows the Kings to stay well below the salary cap, which is expected to increase in 2016 with the new league TV deal. Gay can opt out in 2017.
NBA Team Salaries
- Betting Picks: Boston Celtics vs Portland Trail Blazers preview prediction and picks
- NBA Betting Picks: Memphis Grizzlies vs. Dallas Mavericks Preview
- NBA Betting Picks: Miami Heat vs Milwaukee Bucks picks, preview and prediction
- Dame, It’s Time: Portland Must Part Ways With Lillard
- NBA Betting Picks: Chicago Bulls vs Brooklyn Nets preview, picks and prediction
Main Page2 weeks ago
LeBron James receives one-game suspension for elbowing Isaiah Stewart
College Headlines2 weeks ago
Gonzaga vs UCLA: Picks, Preview and Predictions
Main Page1 week ago
Bovada Specials – LeBron James and Isaiah Stewart foul odds
Headlines2 weeks ago
Sacramento Kings Fire Luke Walton