The scorching hot ride of Kristaps Porzingis cooled down Wednesday night in Orlando when the 7-foot-3 unicorn sat out the second night of a back-to-back with right elbow bursitis and a sprained left ankle.
Porzingis said before the Knicks’ 112-99 loss to the Magic that he may need a procedure on the ongoing elbow situation after the season. He’s had bursitis for years – an inflammation of the elbow. He said he may have it drained or another sort of minor surgical procedure.
Porzingis said his elbow flared up after falling during one of his wrestling matches with Charlotte center Dwight Howard in a comeback win Tuesday. He said he injured the ankle on the last driving, finger-roll bucket that sealed the victory over the Hornets at the Garden.
“When I hit it again it just swells up and it’s sensitive and I can’t stretch my arm,’’ Porzingis said of his ballooning elbow. “It bothers me a little bit but not that bad. It’s always, I have to get the swelling down and then I’ll be fine again. But I think once the season’s over. I might have to do something about it. I just can’t keep going like this every year.”
Porzingis said he could “drain it” or “do some stuff with it.”
Source: Marc Berman of the New York Post
NBA Team Salaries
- NBA Betting Picks: Sacramento Kings vs Los Angeles Clippers preview, prediction and picks
- NBA Betting Picks: Dallas Mavericks vs New Orleans Pelicans preview, prediction and picks
- NBA Betting Picks: Charlotte Hornets vs Milwaukee Bucks preview, prediction & picks
- NBA Betting Picks: Minnesota Timberwolves vs Washington Wizards preview, picks and predictions
- NBA Betting Picks: Denver Nuggets vs Orlando Magic preview, picks and prediction
Main Page1 week ago
LeBron James receives one-game suspension for elbowing Isaiah Stewart
College Headlines1 week ago
Gonzaga vs UCLA: Picks, Preview and Predictions
Main Page1 week ago
Bovada Specials – LeBron James and Isaiah Stewart foul odds
Headlines2 weeks ago
Sacramento Kings Fire Luke Walton