The New Orleans Pelicans have signed center Emeka Okafor through the rest of the season.
Terms of the contract, announced by the club before Monday’s night’s game against Phoenix, have not been disclosed.
The 6-foot-10 Okafor had been out of the NBA since 2013 because of a herniated disk in his neck before making a comeback this year. The Pelicans brought the 35-year-old back to the NBA on Feb. 3, signing him out of the G League on a 10-day contract. Okafor was signed to a second 10-day deal before his current extension through the end of the season.
Source: Associated Press via ESPN
- Golden State’s Steph Curry Passed Another Warriors Legend For Most All-Time Field Goals Last Night
- Amid The Trade Deadline, Boston’s Payton Pritchard Opens Up About His Future Plans With The Team
- Pelicans’ Brandon Ingram, CJ McCollum available against Nuggets
- For the first time this season Joel Embiid jumps to No.2 in the MVP Ladder behind Nikola Jokić
- Utah’s Jarred Vanderbilt Reportedly Has Interest From The Indiana Pacers
NBA 22 hours ago
Exclusive Ronny Turiaf Interview: Wembanyama is “1 of 1”, Gonzaga has what it takes to win the national title, France can compete with USA Basketball
NBA 1 week ago
Exclusive Darren Till interview: I’d say YES to a YT boxing fight; I was stabbed, dying when a nightclub security brought me back to life; I need to work on my aggression to start winning again
NBA 2 weeks ago
Paris gets ready to host an NBA game for the 12th time as Pistons vs Bulls clash
Legal 2 weeks ago
Mississippi tries yet again to legalize online sports betting