The Pistons are holding on to what looks to be one of the big pieces of their future.
They announced Thursday that they will exercise the team option for 2020-21 for guard Luke Kennard, who was the 12th pick in the 2017 draft.
Kennard, 23, is in the third year of his rookie-scale deal and is slated to make $5.3 million next season. The 6-foot-5 shooting guard is the Pistons’ best young prospect.
Source: Ron Beard of The Detroit News
NBA Team Salaries
- NBA Betting Picks: Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Miami Heat Preview
- NBA Betting Picks: Philadelphia 76ers vs. Boston Celtics Preview
- NBA Betting Picks: Atlanta Hawks vs Indiana Pacers preview, picks and prediction
- NBA Betting Picks: Detroit Pistons vs Portland Trail Blazers preview, prediction and picks
- NBA Betting Picks: Golden State Warriors vs. Phoenix Suns preview, prediction and picks