NBA News Wire
Report: Russian owner to sell Nets
Russian billionaire Mikhail Prokhorov is selling the Brooklyn Nets, Bloomberg News reported Tuesday.
According to the report, Prokhorov is not pleased with the team’s financial losses. He bought majority ownership of the franchise in May 2010 for $223 million and has secured Evercore Partners to sell the Nets.
The 49-year-old owns 80 percent of the team and 45 percent of Barclays Center, the Nets’ home arena. Only the team apparently is for sale,
“As we have said for many months, ownership is always open to listening to offers — that’s just good business,” the Nets said in a statement. “There is nothing imminent in terms of a sale of any stake in the team.”
It’s believed that Prokhorov, the first foreign owner of an NBA team, has entertained offers for the club since June, but he has yet to confirm his desire to get rid of the Nets. The selling price could be more than $1 billion.
On the court, the Nets have struggled to a 16-22 record this season.
- NBA Finals 2023: Denver Nuggets’ Win Would Be Bad for Sportsbooks
- NBA Finals Game 1: Nuggets vs Heat Public Betting Trends and Most Bet On Props
- Denver, Miami expect $25 million in revenue from 2023 NBA Finals
- Despite reports from last week, Kyrie Irving’s “handshake” deal with the Mavericks has no truth
- College Basketball: Purdue star Zach Edey skips the NBA Draft and returns to the Boilermakers
Main Page 1 week ago
Michael Jordan Buys $3.5 Million Custom Venom F5 Roadster, 300 MPH Sports Car
College Basketball 1 week ago
Bronny James Prom Date: Who is Girlfriend, Peyton Gelfuso?
NBA 3 days ago
LA Lakers Believe Lonzo Ball’s Potential Career-Ending Injury Caused By Big Baller Brand Shoes
NBA 2 weeks ago
Scoot Henderson wants to prove he can be the No. 1 pick in NBA Draft over Victor Wembanyama: ‘I want to build that fanbase in San Antonio’