The Chicago Bulls and Dwyane Wade have agreed to a contract buyout that would make Wade a free agent. According to ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski, Wade is leaving some $ 8 million of his $23.8 million salary in order to reach his exit.
Wade had opted into the final contract year of his agreement prior to the 2017 NBA Draft, believing that the Bulls were going to stay the course. However, several days after Wade opted in, the Bulls decided to trade guard Jimmy Butler and embark on a rebuild.
Assuming Wade clears the NBA waiver process, he’ll be free to choose his next team. The prevailing thought is Cleveland and good friend LeBron James will be the front runner, although the Oklahoma City Thunder and Miami HEAT are expected to be in the discussion.
The minimum salary for a player with Wade’s experience is $2.3 million.
- Kyle Kuzma intends to display Raf Simons pink sweater in his mansion
- Khloe Kardashian, Tristan Thompson welcome second baby via surrogate
- Stephen Curry Surprises Riley with New Sneakers for 10th Birthday
- Kevin Durant Charity Foundation unveils first basketball court in Tokyo
- Knicks, Lakers, Jazz nearly pulled trigger on Westbrook, Mitchell trade
Main Page6 days ago
Under Armor set to release Curry 4 FloTro sneakers on August 5
Main Page5 days ago
Hornets’ PJ Washington and girlfriend Alisah Chanel expecting first child
Main Page1 day ago
Knicks, Lakers, Jazz nearly pulled trigger on Westbrook, Mitchell trade
news1 week ago
NBA Twitter Reacts Hilariously to Jimmy Butler’s New Hair