Coach Doc Rivers, typically diplomatic, pulled no punches when assessing how much his team misses (Darren) Collison, who is now starting for the Sacramento Kings and averaging career-highs in points (16.6) and assists (5.9).
“We miss his versatility,” Rivers said. “The one thing I think we miss, his pace. I thought he set the pace for the second unit and we don’t have a great pace. You know, they’re (the reserves) playing better, but they still don’t have the pace like the first unit. Our second unit last year was faster sometimes than our first unit.
“This year, we’re slower and I don’t like that. But the biggest thing D.C. did, to me, what people missed was he guarded the points a lot and allowed CP (Chris Paul) to guard 2s. And it would give CP rest. But CP, his weakside defense, with his hands and his ability to get steals, is off the charts. And so we like him off the ball. This year, we haven’t had that ability.”
NBA Team Salaries
- NBA Betting Picks: Detroit Pistons vs Portland Trail Blazers preview, prediction and picks
- NBA Betting Picks: Golden State Warriors vs. Phoenix Suns preview, prediction and picks
- NBA Betting Picks: New York Knicks vs Brooklyn Nets preview, picks and prediction
- NBA Betting Picks: Los Angeles Lakers vs. Sacramento Kings Preview
- NBA Betting Picks: Memphis Grizzlies vs Toronto Raptors preview, prediction and picks