Houston Rockets point guard Patrick Beverley is expected to play Game 2 of the first-round playoffs series against the Portland Trail Blazers on Wednesday after an MRI revealed no new damage to his injured right knee.
Beverley, who sustained a torn meniscus in the knee earlier this month, re-injured it during Sunday’s Game 1 loss.
The Rockets were concerned that the injury would force Beverley to miss games. They need his defense, especially against Portland’s young point guard, Damian Lillard.
Lillard made three of six shots with Beverley out of Sunday’s game and six of 13 when Beverley was on the court. Beverley had nine points, six rebounds, two assists, one steal and one block.
NBA Team Salaries
- Betting Picks: Boston Celtics vs Portland Trail Blazers preview prediction and picks
- NBA Betting Picks: Memphis Grizzlies vs. Dallas Mavericks Preview
- NBA Betting Picks: Miami Heat vs Milwaukee Bucks picks, preview and prediction
- Dame, It’s Time: Portland Must Part Ways With Lillard
- NBA Betting Picks: Chicago Bulls vs Brooklyn Nets preview, picks and prediction
Main Page2 weeks ago
LeBron James receives one-game suspension for elbowing Isaiah Stewart
College Headlines2 weeks ago
Gonzaga vs UCLA: Picks, Preview and Predictions
Main Page1 week ago
Bovada Specials – LeBron James and Isaiah Stewart foul odds
Headlines2 weeks ago
Sacramento Kings Fire Luke Walton