Rockets Waive Black, Sign Smith
The Houston Rockets have signed free agent Josh Smith after clearing a roster spot and will activate him to play against the Memphis Grizzlies on Friday night, league sources told Yahoo Sports.
Smith participated in the Rockets’ shootaround on Friday morning in Memphis.
The Rockets waived center Tariq Black earlier Friday to free up room to sign Smith.
Black had been a training camp and preseason surprise for the Rockets, an undrafted center out of Kansas who showed an ability to play in the NBA. More than one NBA team told Yahoo Sports they will have interest in claiming him on waivers. Black’s $500,000 owed him for this season has a partial guarantee. There’s a team option of $845,000 on his deal for the 2015-16 season.
- Pelicans star Zion Williamson is in the eye of the storm after porn actress exposed alledged love triangle
- Suns Rumors: Deandre Ayton to be traded this offseason?
- NBA Commissioner Adam Silver is cautious about Saudi investment in the NBA: ‘It’s a two-edged sword’
- Steph Curry wants the Golden State Warriors to keep their core together for at least one more season
- Denver rookie Christian Braun hopes to lift NBA trophy only a year after conquering NCAA championship
Main Page 4 days ago
Magic star Jonathan Isaac to launch ‘Anti-Woke’ clothing brand UNITUS in August
NBA 2 weeks ago
LA Lakers Believe Lonzo Ball’s Potential Career-Ending Injury Caused By Big Baller Brand Shoes
Main Page 3 days ago
Highest-Paid NBA Mascots 2023: Denver Nuggets’ Rocky Earns $625K Salary
Headlines 2 weeks ago
Dallas Mavericks Not Interested in Pursuing D’Angelo Russell