Ben Simmons watched the 76ers open their 2016-17 campaign without him. But the No. 1 overall pick hopes to make his NBA debut later this season.
While saying there is no timetable for a return from surgery to repair an acute Jones fracture in his right foot, Simmons insisted there has been no talk about shutting it down for his entire rookie season. “No,” Simmons said flatly, when asked if anyone has advised him to sit out the season to let his foot recover. “There’s a lot of talk; somebody put that out there. But I will come back when I am ready. “There is no timetable on getting healthy. I am working every day to get back. As soon as they tell me I can play, I will be out there.”
Source: Ohm Youngmisuk of ESPN
- John Wall joins Clippers, Celtics’ championship odds decrease by 17%
- Russell Westbrook picks up $47 million option, championship odds increase 10%
- Paolo Banchero increases NBA Rookie of the Year Odds by 25%
- Mitch Kupchak on Miles Bridges: “We’re going to bring him back.”
- NBA 2K23 Cover Athlete Odds – Stephen Curry is the Top Favorite