Center JaVale McGee wants to remain with the 76ers for the rest of the season and beyond.
The team was expected to buy out his contract shortly after the trade. But the 7-foot, 250-pounder is still with the Sixers.
“I don’t want to get bought out,” said McGee, a 27-year-old in his seventh NBA season. “That’s not a positive thing. When you think about it, you don’t get all of your money when you get bought out.
“So it doesn’t make sense why someone would want to get bought out unless they are older – older and they want to go to a contender or something. I’m not that old. I just want to play basketball.”
- Mojave King signs with G League Ignite after two seasons in NBL
- Kings guard De’Aaron Fox weds Recee Caldwell in Malibu
- Celtics star Jayson Tatum tops list of best small forwards in the NBA over LeBron James
- 76ers’ Tobias Harris marries fiancée Jasmine Winton at New York wedding
- Gilbert Arenas drops brutally honest take on LeBron James chasing stats
Main Page1 week ago
Under Armor set to release Curry 4 FloTro sneakers on August 5
Main Page7 days ago
Hornets’ PJ Washington and girlfriend Alisah Chanel expecting first child
Main Page1 day ago
A Complete History of the Dejounte Murray vs Paolo Banchero Beef
Main Page3 days ago
Knicks, Lakers, Jazz nearly pulled trigger on Westbrook, Mitchell trade