Point guard Deron Williams has cleared waivers and has informed the Cleveland Cavaliers that he will sign with them, sources told ESPN on Saturday.
Williams negotiated his release from the Dallas Mavericks on Thursday after he wasn’t dealt at this week’s trade deadline. Williams, who cannot sign with the Cavs until Monday, will sign for the rest of the season for the veterans minimum, sources told ESPN, which will cost the Cavaliers $900,000 in salary and luxury tax.
Source: Brian Windhorst of ESPN
- Legal sports betting gets underway in Massachusetts
- Pistons granted $5.276 million disabled player exception for Cade Cunningham’s season-ending injury
- Legendary player and broadcaster Bill Walton stars in new NBA televised stream “Throw it Down”
- Top 5 NBA players who might be eyeing their returns to Europe after this season
- WATCH: Isaac Okoro sings ‘Take Me To Church’ in Cavaliers’ hot tub
NBA 2 days ago
Exclusive Ronny Turiaf Interview: Wembanyama is “1 of 1”, Gonzaga has what it takes to win the national title, France can compete with USA Basketball
NBA 1 week ago
Exclusive Darren Till interview: I’d say YES to a YT boxing fight; I was stabbed, dying when a nightclub security brought me back to life; I need to work on my aggression to start winning again
NBA 2 weeks ago
Paris gets ready to host an NBA game for the 12th time as Pistons vs Bulls clash
Main Page 2 days ago
Jordan Brand unveils 2023 NBA All-Star Game uniforms