As Feb. 2 looms as the NBA’s deadline for teams to aggregate acquired players in a trade later, the New Orleans Pelicans have focused on the Philadelphia 76ers, Brooklyn Nets and Boston Celtics as potential trade destinations for JJ Redick, sources tell The Athletic’s Shams Charania.
Redick, whose family resides in Brooklyn, is believed to have a strong preference to return to the northeast area. No deal is imminent yet, sources said.
In the 76ers, Nets and Celtics, the Pelicans are targeting a championship contender for a trade home. All three teams have expressed interest, sources said. Redick is on a $13.1 million contract that expires at the end of the season.
Source: The Athletic
- Nets All-Star Kyrie Irving Informed The Team Today That He Prefers To Be Traded Before Next Thursday
- Pistons’ Hamidou Diallo (illness) available against Hornets
- WATCH: Dejounte Murray gifted endless supply of Chick-fil-A Polynesian sauce
- Ben Simmons Had An MRI On His Knee Today, Results Came Back Clean
- Luka Doncic likely to “miss a few games” after he exited Mavs vs Pelicans with ankle injury
NBA 4 days ago
Exclusive Ronny Turiaf Interview: Wembanyama is “1 of 1”, Gonzaga has what it takes to win the national title, France can compete with USA Basketball
NBA 1 week ago
Exclusive Darren Till interview: I’d say YES to a YT boxing fight; I was stabbed, dying when a nightclub security brought me back to life; I need to work on my aggression to start winning again
Main Page 4 days ago
Jordan Brand unveils 2023 NBA All-Star Game uniforms
Main Page 2 weeks ago
DeMar DeRozan Set To Reach A Career Milestone Tonight In Hawks Vs Bulls