The Portland Trail Blazers agreed to a trade to acquire Cleveland Cavaliers forward Rodney Hood on Sunday, league sources told ESPN.
The Blazers will send the Cavaliers two second-round picks, one in 2021 and one in 2023, along with the expiring contracts of guards Nik Stauskas and Wade Baldwin IV, sources said.
Hood had to agree to the trade because his signing of a one-year, $3.4 million qualifying offer last summer with Cleveland granted him veto rights. He’ll lose his Bird rights in summer free agency, but his enthusiasm for joining the Blazers on a playoff push allowed for his approval of the deal, league sources said. Portland can still re-sign Hood using one of its exceptions. The Blazers are 32-20 and fourth in the Western Conference.
Source: Adrian Wojnarowski of ESPN
NBA Team Salaries
- Tyler Herro is the Runaway Favorite in the NBA Sixth Man of the Year Odds
- Pacers vs Warriors Prediction, NBA Picks and Betting Trends for Tonight’s Game
- Best NBA Player Props and Picks for Tonight, 1/20
- Suns vs Mavericks NBA Picks, Prediction and Betting Trends for Tonight’s Game
- Pacers vs Warriors Betting Offers: NBA Free Bets
Headlines2 weeks ago
Klay Thompson Return Expected Sunday Against Cavaliers
Main Page2 weeks ago
NBA Betting Picks: Milwaukee Bucks vs Charlotte Hornets prediction, preview and picks
Main Page3 days ago
Pacers vs Celtics Prediction, NBA Picks and Betting Trends Tonight’s Game
Main Page1 week ago
NBA Betting Picks: San Antonio Spurs vs New York Knicks preview, prediction and picks