Sources: Derrick Rose Has Remained in Contact with Cavaliers
Cleveland Cavaliers guard Derrick Rose is staying in communication with the franchise’s front office during his self-imposed exile, but his future status with the team remains unclear, league sources told ESPN.
Rose is deliberating whether he wants to work toward returning from a sprained ankle to rejoin the Cavaliers this season, or even continue his NBA career, league sources said.
Rose, 29, has missed 12 of the Cavs’ 19 games this season, including the past eight because of a sprained left ankle.
He left the Cavaliers on Wednesday, league sources said. Rose’s increasing frustration with injuries is causing him to question his desire to continue playing, league sources said. The mental toll from a series of significant injuries that have diminished the production of the youngest NBA Most Valuable Player in history have played a part in the personal soul-searching on Rose’s future, league sources said.
Source: Adrian Wojnarowski of ESPN
- Angel Reese Signs NIL Deal to Feature in Starry Commercial With Zion Williamson and KAT But You Can’t See Her
- Daniel Freitag: The 4-Star Prospect in Wisconsin Badgers’ Sights
- Jaylen Brown Next Team Odds If Not Celtics 2023: Hawks Are Betting Favorites
- League sources call Lakers assistant coach Phil Handy a name to watch for on Frank Vogel’s staff with Phoenix
- Heat star Jimmy Butler on Game 1 loss: ‘Got to get more layups, got to get more free throws’
Main Page 1 week ago
Michael Jordan Buys $3.5 Million Custom Venom F5 Roadster, 300 MPH Sports Car
College Basketball 1 week ago
Bronny James Prom Date: Who is Girlfriend, Peyton Gelfuso?
NBA 4 days ago
LA Lakers Believe Lonzo Ball’s Potential Career-Ending Injury Caused By Big Baller Brand Shoes
Headlines 5 days ago
Dallas Mavericks Not Interested in Pursuing D’Angelo Russell