The New Orleans Pelicans tried to address their injured front court and instead found more health problems. Power forward Greg Smith, who agreed to terms with the Pelicans earlier Friday, failed his physical and won’t be joining the team, league sources told The Advocate.
Injuries to centers Omer Asik (three weeks, calf strain) and Alexis Ajinca (four to six weeks, hamstring strain) left a thin frontcourt for the rest of the preseason, prompting the Pelicans to look at Smith.
- Lakers coach Darvin Ham suggests that NBA should increase prize money for In-Season Tournament champs
- Hall of Famer Dennis Rodman is dropping his own signature wine
- FSG reveals investment plan with LeBron James for potential Las Vegas NBA expansion
- Former Warriors GM Bob Myers regrets not signing Tyrese Haliburton in 2020 NBA Draft
- WATCH: Lakers bench in awe after LeBron James drops in three-consecutive threes vs. Pelicans
NBA 2 weeks ago
Kevin Durant reveals he requested a trade out of Brooklyn because they didn’t ‘build an identity’
NBA 1 week ago
NBA legend Kevin Garnett revealed he plans to ‘dedicate’ a son to Kobe Bryant
Headlines 2 weeks ago
Michael Malone to Make Changes to Bench
College Basketball 2 weeks ago
Angel Reese Suspension: LSU Star Does Not Travel With Team To Cayman Islands Classic