Carmelo Anthony has finalized a contract buyout with the Atlanta Hawks and plans to wait until clearing waivers to officially tell the Houston Rockets of his plans to sign a free-agent deal, league sources told ESPN.
The Hawks waived Anthony on Monday morning, paving the way for him to clear waivers on Wednesday at 5 p.m. ET.
Anthony will get his full $27.9 million salary for the 2018-19 season, accepting a $2.4 million reduction in his buyout with the Hawks that will essentially return to him once he signs $2.4 million veteran’s-minimum deal with his new team, league sources said.
Source: Adrian Wojnarowski of ESPN
- Kevin Durant requests trade from Nets, wants to play for Heat or Suns
- Deandre Ayton Next Team Odds, Pistons’ Odds Increase by 25%
- Spurs trade Dejounte Murray to Hawks for Gallinari, two first-round picks
- P.J. Tucker signs with 76ers on three-year, $30 million contract
- Collin Sexton Next Team Odds, Pacers’ Odds Increase by 15%
Main Page2 days ago
Most Overpaid NBA Players in 2022
Main Page2 weeks ago
NBA Draft 2022: Date, Time, Location and How to Watch
Main Page1 week ago
Early 2023 NBA Championship Odds | Warriors are the No. 1 favorite
Headlines1 week ago
How Paolo Banchero Became The Latest Betting Odds Favourite In The NBA Draft