Carmelo Anthony has finalized a contract buyout with the Atlanta Hawks and plans to wait until clearing waivers to officially tell the Houston Rockets of his plans to sign a free-agent deal, league sources told ESPN.
The Hawks waived Anthony on Monday morning, paving the way for him to clear waivers on Wednesday at 5 p.m. ET.
Anthony will get his full $27.9 million salary for the 2018-19 season, accepting a $2.4 million reduction in his buyout with the Hawks that will essentially return to him once he signs $2.4 million veteran’s-minimum deal with his new team, league sources said.
Source: Adrian Wojnarowski of ESPN
NBA Team Salaries
- Jeffrey Jordan allegedly assaulted hospital workers after falling
- Giannis Antetokounmpo: “LeBron is still the best player in the world”
- Isaiah Austin joins league office after NBA denied him the chance to play
- 2022 NBA MVP Odds: Top 5 Value Picks and Best Bet
- Free WNBA Playoffs Picks: Second Playoff Round – predictions and odds
- NBA1 week ago
Philadelphia 76ers make shock Ben Simmons trade U-turn:
- Main Page2 weeks ago
LeBron James celebrates 8-year wedding anniversary with Savannah
- Main Page6 days ago
Karl-Anthony Towns spoils Jordyn Woods with costly gifts at party
- Main Page4 days ago
Jermaine O’Neal cuts Texas mansion price by $2 million