Toronto Raptors star Kawhi Leonard will decline his 2019-20 player option worth $21.3 million to become an unrestricted free agent, league sources told Yahoo Sports.
The 6-foot-7 All-Star will be one of the marquee free agents on the open market.
The Raptors are the only team that can offer Leonard a max contract for five years and $190 million.
Leonard, 27, is believed to be seriously considering re-signing with the Raptors, sources said.
Source: Chris Haynes of Yahoo Sports
- Nuggets’ Jamal Murray (knee) questionable, Zeke Nnaji (shoulder) doubtful vs. Magic
- 76ers coach Doc Rivers on LeBron James: ‘He’s going to have the greatest career’
- Pelicans, Wolves, Raptors are competing in last minute talks to trade for Denver’s Bones Hyland
- Getting To Know The Four 2023 Dunk Contest Participants
- The 2023 Jordan Rising Stars draft results are in as Paolo Banchero was chosen first by Team Pau
Legal 4 days ago
New Jersey’s Atlantic City casinos could soon see smoking banned
NBA 1 week ago
Exclusive Ronny Turiaf Interview: Wembanyama is “1 of 1”, Gonzaga has what it takes to win the national title, France can compete with USA Basketball
Main Page 1 week ago
Jordan Brand unveils 2023 NBA All-Star Game uniforms
Headlines 1 week ago
Anthony Davis calls out NBA officiating