So it’s impossible to even speculate which players may be available for Brooklyn on June 20. But there is one priority for the Nets on draft night: Per SNY sources, the Nets are targeting a big to complement/ back up starting center Jarrett Allen with one of their picks.
Allen, 21, was one of the driving forces behind Brooklyn’s defense in his second season. The Nets ranked a respected 17th in points allowed per 100 possessions and top 15 in rebounding rate on both sides of the ball. But they were undersized along the front line on many nights, which is why adding a young big man to help Allen and his teammates in the paint makes sense.
Reserve big Ed Davis, an important veteran for Brooklyn last season, is a free agent.
Some of the bigs who may be on the board when the Nets pick in the first round include Oregon’s Bol Bol, Goga Bitadze of the Republic of Georgia, Florida State’s Mfiondu Kabengele, LSU’s Naz Reid and Georgia’s Nic Claxton.
Source: Ian Begley of SNY.tv
NBA Team Salaries
- Betting Picks: Phoenix Suns vs Golden State Warriors preview prediction and picks
- Betting Picks: Los Angeles Clippers vs Los Angeles Lakers preview prediction and picks
- NBA Betting Picks: Philadelphia 76ers vs Atlanta Hawks preview, picks and prediction
- NBA Betting Picks: Miami Heat vs Indiana Pacers preview, picks and prediction
- NBA Betting Picks: Cleveland Cavaliers vs Washington Wizards preview, picks and prediction
Main Page2 weeks ago
LeBron James receives one-game suspension for elbowing Isaiah Stewart
College Headlines1 week ago
Gonzaga vs UCLA: Picks, Preview and Predictions
Main Page1 week ago
Bovada Specials – LeBron James and Isaiah Stewart foul odds
Headlines2 weeks ago
Sacramento Kings Fire Luke Walton