The Nets have locked up general manager Sean Marks with a contract extension, multiple sources told The Post.
The Nets also are on the verge of agreeing to extensions for coach Kenny Atkinson and his staff. And playoffs or no, they already have seen enough out of Marks to want him to continue running the ship.
While Atkinson has become a dark horse for NBA Coach of the Year, Marks has drawn praise for taking over a team that was not only 21-61 prior to his first full season, but also bereft of its own picks, and managing to get them in position to make the playoffs in just three years.
Source: Brian Lewis of The New York Post
- Pelicans’ Dyson Daniels (right ankle sprain) remains out against Wizards
- Utah Jazz consider Markkanen, Kessler and Agbaji as their only “untouchables” for trade
- Professional Poker player Josh Thatcher sentenced for running illegal gambling operation in Michigan
- 76ers’ Daryl Morey calls out ‘shameless Boston media’ over Joel Embiid’s All-Star starter snub
- Who should make the West’s bench at the 72nd Annual All-Star Game?
Legal 2 weeks ago
Texas could push for legalized casino and sports betting in 2023
NBA 3 days ago
Exclusive Ronny Turiaf Interview: Wembanyama is “1 of 1”, Gonzaga has what it takes to win the national title, France can compete with USA Basketball
Headlines 2 weeks ago
Nikola Jokic adds to MVP case with game-winner over Magic
NBA 4 days ago
Exclusive Darren Till interview: I’d say YES to a YT boxing fight; I was stabbed, dying when a nightclub security brought me back to life; I need to work on my aggression to start winning again