Participants on a board of governors call on Tuesday with NBA commissioner Adam Silver left the virtual meeting feeling increasingly positive about the league’s momentum toward a resumption of play this season, sources told ESPN.
Owners and executives on the call were encouraged about the league’s progress toward minimizing health risk upon a return and the league office’s positive conversations with the National Basketball Players Association about the players’ desire to eventually restart the season, sources said.
As for the format in a return to play, there still is no decision on the kind of form that would take with the 30 NBA teams, sources said. The league hasn’t worked through the details on whether all 30 teams would return or whether regular-season games would be played or if perhaps there would be a play-in tournament to give more teams a chance to make the 16-team playoff field, sources said.
Source: Adrian Wojnarowski of ESPN
NBA Team Salaries
- Jeffrey Jordan allegedly assaulted hospital workers after falling
- Giannis Antetokounmpo: “LeBron is still the best player in the world”
- Isaiah Austin joins league office after NBA denied him the chance to play
- 2022 NBA MVP Odds: Top 5 Value Picks and Best Bet
- Free WNBA Playoffs Picks: Second Playoff Round – predictions and odds
- NBA1 week ago
Philadelphia 76ers make shock Ben Simmons trade U-turn:
- Main Page2 weeks ago
LeBron James celebrates 8-year wedding anniversary with Savannah
- Main Page6 days ago
Karl-Anthony Towns spoils Jordyn Woods with costly gifts at party
- Main Page4 days ago
Jermaine O’Neal cuts Texas mansion price by $2 million