With 13 players on guaranteed or partially-guaranteed deals, the Raptors are looking to fill that 14th spot with another big and have shown interest in a number of available players, including former Pistons centre Greg Monroe, according to league sources. Monroe, one of the biggest names left on the market, wouldn’t address their most pressing frontcourt need – rim protection – but could give Toronto another experienced and gifted scorer, and some more depth, off the bench. They can use the smaller mid-level exception of up to $5.3 million to sign another player, if they choose, although they’re already projected to pay a sizeable luxury tax bix, and may decide to fill out the roster with more cost efficient options.
Source: Josh Lewenberg of TSN
- Kevin Durant requests trade from Nets, wants to play for Heat or Suns
- Deandre Ayton Next Team Odds, Pistons’ Odds Increase by 25%
- Spurs trade Dejounte Murray to Hawks for Gallinari, two first-round picks
- P.J. Tucker signs with 76ers on three-year, $30 million contract
- Collin Sexton Next Team Odds, Pacers’ Odds Increase by 15%