Rodney Hood ended his restricted free agency by accepting the Cavaliers’ $3.4 million qualifying offer and placing a bet on himself for a big season this year.
He informed the Cavs of his decision today, sources told cleveland.com.
Hood, 25, a gifted, 6-8 forward, will be an unrestricted free agent next summer. He left a multiyear deal from the Cavs worth about $7 million per season on the table by accepting their qualifying offer.
Sources said Hood was seeking a contract for more than $9 million per season from the Cavs. For comparison, the Celtics signed restricted free agent Marcus Smart to a four-year, $52 million deal this summer, and the Bulls matched the four-year $78 million offer sheet Zach LaVine signed with the Kings.
Source: Joe Vardon of Cleveland.com
- New York Knicks Are Rumored To Be Ready To Trade Three First-Round Picks For O.G. Anunoby
- With LeBron Just 89 Points Away From The All-Time Record, The Lakers Vs Pelicans Game Moved To ESPN2 On Saturday
- Simplebet suggests micro-betting is the future
- National Council on Problem Gambling claims bulk of US iGaming regulations fall drastically short of minimum standards
- Suns sign Saben Lee to two-way contract, waive Duane Washington Jr.
NBA 3 days ago
Exclusive Ronny Turiaf Interview: Wembanyama is “1 of 1”, Gonzaga has what it takes to win the national title, France can compete with USA Basketball
NBA 1 week ago
Exclusive Darren Till interview: I’d say YES to a YT boxing fight; I was stabbed, dying when a nightclub security brought me back to life; I need to work on my aggression to start winning again
Main Page 3 days ago
Jordan Brand unveils 2023 NBA All-Star Game uniforms
Headlines 2 weeks ago
Updated NBA Finals odds