Rodney Hood ended his restricted free agency by accepting the Cavaliers’ $3.4 million qualifying offer and placing a bet on himself for a big season this year.
He informed the Cavs of his decision today, sources told cleveland.com.
Hood, 25, a gifted, 6-8 forward, will be an unrestricted free agent next summer. He left a multiyear deal from the Cavs worth about $7 million per season on the table by accepting their qualifying offer.
Sources said Hood was seeking a contract for more than $9 million per season from the Cavs. For comparison, the Celtics signed restricted free agent Marcus Smart to a four-year, $52 million deal this summer, and the Bulls matched the four-year $78 million offer sheet Zach LaVine signed with the Kings.
Source: Joe Vardon of Cleveland.com
NBA Team Salaries
- Denver Nuggets: The Western Conference Wild Card
- 2022 NBA Eastern Conference Outright Futures Betting Picks
- 2022 NBA Western Conference Outright Futures Betting Picks
- 2022 NBA Championship Outright Futures Betting Picks
- 2022 Defensive Player of the Year update: Anthony Davis odds cut by Bovada after gamble
- NBA5 days ago
Philadelphia 76ers make shock Ben Simmons trade U-turn:
- Main Page1 week ago
LeBron James celebrates 8-year wedding anniversary with Savannah
- Main Page2 days ago
Karl-Anthony Towns spoils Jordyn Woods with costly gifts at party
- NBA DAILY6 days ago
BetUS Special Markets for NBA 2K23 Player Ratings Revealed