Sources: Warriors, Celtics Discussed Trade for No. 2 Overall Pick
The Boston Celtics held exploratory talks that would send Marcus Smart to the Golden State Warriors for the No. 2 pick in the 2020 NBA Draft recently, league sources told The Action Network Wednesday.
Talks fell through on both sides, sources said, and more discussions are not expected after the Celtics rejected an unknown counteroffer.
Boston began to circulate as a potential trade partner on Tuesday and Wednesday, with The New York Times reporting the Celtics’ interest in a top-ten selection.
Source: Matt Moore of ANetwork
- Jalen Brunson admitted he would’ve re-signed with the Mavericks for almost half of what the Knicks are paying him
- Is Ja Morant playing tonight (Mar. 28) vs the Orlando Magic?
- WATCH: Minnesota’s Rudy Gobert left the Sacramento Kings’ bench in shock after his fadeaway jumper goes in
- Nikola Jokic, Joel Embiid are now tied in MVP odds
- Thunder’s Shai Gilgeous-Alexander assures Russell Westbrook is “one of the best competitors” in NBA history
NBA 14 hours ago
Golden State Warriors’ Jordan Poole Spends Half a Million Dollars on First Date With Rapper Ice Spice
Main Page 2 weeks ago
Paul Pierce sparks fire around Andrew Wiggins’ girlfriend rumors
College Basketball 1 week ago
Purdue Basketball Coach Matt Painter’s Buyout a Sticking Point for Fans Who Want Him Fired After First Round NCAA Tournament Loss
College Basketball 4 days ago
Kansas State Basketball Coach Jerome Tang Contract, Salary, Buyout, Net Worth & March Madness Incentives